You are really excited to participate in a contest in Tallenge. You have created an excellent entry and are ready to upload it. In this blog we highlight the first few steps you can take to ensure that your entry best utilizes your social networks and helps your entry get off to a flying start.
[Before getting started on these steps, make sure you have the link/URL to your entry that Tallenge provides you because that’s what you will need to have people visit your entry and vote for you.]
1. Flaunt it on Facebook: Rake in the votes by posting your entry as your status update on Facebook. Besides providing you with an excellent connectivity platform, you finally are putting that huge friends’ list to good use.
2. Tweet it some: Tweet your entry out at regular intervals to ensure that your followers on Twitter vote for your entry. Make sure that the messaging of the tweet does not remain the same throughout though. Play around with words.
3. Sneak them a peek on YouTube: Consider uploading a short teaser of your content video on YouTube. It makes for a good way to pique curiosity as well as gets the attention of your channel’s subscribers. You can provide the link to your entry on Tallenge in the description and encourage your YouTube viewers to vote for you on Tallenge.
4. Link it on LinkedIn: If you are active on LinkedIn then you should post your entry on LinkedIn. You can also paste the badge if you write any articles on LinkedIn to encourage people to vote for you.
5. Add the +1’s: Post your entry to your circles on Google+. Remember that the more people who see it, the more will vote for it. Make sure that friends of the people you have in your circle can also see the content and vote for it.
6. Tumble your entry: Tumblr is a one-stop solution for all kinds of artistic displays, put up your entry on your Tumblr account. You can also embed your entry into one of your microblogs and encourage your friends to embed the entry in their blogs as well.
7. Pin the entry on the board: Pinterest provides an excellent medium to share your entry from Tallenge. Upload your entry with an interesting artwork and pin your entry on Pinterest under the relevant category board. The combination of excellent visual cues should spur your viewers to vote for you. Ensure that your pinboard is interesting and has multiple pins along the same line of thought as the entry itself.
8. Blog about your entry: Whether you are on Blogger on WordPress or run your own website; whip up an interesting anecdote around your entry and blog it to the masses. You can either embed your entry in the blog or you can just provide the URL with a snapshot to make the blog seem more interesting and give the readers a teaser.
9. Badge it!: You can pin the badge of your entry on your Facebook profile, on your blog and even on your Twitter background. Badges make for excellent visual cues to pick from. Add to that the cool-association-factor and you’re all set to get the votes pouring in. Also encourage your friends to put the badge up on their blogs as well.
This is just a brief once-over on how to start with popularizing your entry on Tallenge. We will have more of these articles coming up soon to help you ‘go viral’ with your content on Tallenge and rope in the votes. Till then keep uploading and inviting. The more, the merrier, aren’t we all?
– Tiny Tallenger